This is truly one of the simplest, most delicious, sweet/tart/tangy/healthy breakfast options that I can think of. If you want to get really fancy, you can take a cue from my Sunday tradition and eat your halved fruit off of some oh-so-chic Wedgwood china.
- Red grapefruit
- Brown sugar (2-3 teaspoons per grapefruit half)
- Cut the grapefruit in half.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the bottom of each half so that they sit evenly in the pan.
- Use a knife to cut around each grapefruit segment so that they can be removed easily after broiling.
- Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Set the grapefruit halves on the pan and spread the brown sugar over the top of each half.
- Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes (until the brown sugar is bubbly & beginning to caramelize)
- Eat while warm.
*Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes